Choosing a cycle can be a difficult task to do in India since there are so many options available in the market. It can be time-consuming to choose the best cycle in India.
There are a lot of factors that you need to keep in mind before you jump into buying a cycle. Make sure you know your requirements well. This will help you in choosing the right cycle.
You can find different types of cycles such as mountain cycles, road cycles, etc. It is obvious for you to know the purpose of buying a cycle. Once you are done with that, you can opt for a cycle that matches your requirements.
However, if you are still confused, you can go through the buying guide below or else you can scroll down to the product list as well. I have made sure to put in all the best brands and keeping in mind the requirements one can have.
So without further delay, let’s jump into the article.
Table of Contents [show]
a) Mountain Cycle
You can understand about it on hearing the name only. It is meant for mountains or hilly areas. These type of cycles are used for cycling on the rugged surface area.
However, you can use it on the normal surface but it can feel heavy and can perform slowly when compared to the mountain or rocky areas.
b) Road Cycle
The road cycles are fitted with skinny tyres along with the lightweight frames. It is specially meant for the highest speed possible with the lowest effort on the road’s surface.
For severe weather condition, these bike tyres are not preferable. They can’t support the speed required for those situations.
c) Hybrid Cycle
Hybrid cycles are the best according to me or any other cyclists. As they are the amazing combination of both the road as well as the mountain cycles.
It has a balanced speed with the lightweight frame as well as tyres. However, this allows you to ride in an upright position. Due to all these, the hybrid cycles are the most preferred and considered to the best type of cycles in India.
d) Normal Usage
If you are someone who is looking to buy a cycle for regular use, then the normal usage cycle is an ideal option. They are affordable and has good durability giving a standard riding experience.
You can use it for daily transportation or for a peaceful cycle ride as well.
You should only opt for the beginner’s cycle only if you don’t have a sufficient amount to invest on other cycles. These are of kinda good quality and suitable for people who are riding a cycle for the first time.
These are the semi-professional cycles which are suitable for both the beginners as well as the professionals. Usually, the users keep a few more cycles like this one handy in their garages. It is good for a quick ride of 30+km.
If you are thinking of buying a cycle, then the first thing you should consider is the purpose for which you want to buy it. Think about whether you are buying it for cycle ride competition or you want to buy just to have a few rides in your local area?
The type of area is also very crucial to be kept in mind. Once you decide on the purpose, then you can go further with the procedure. You can find several varieties of cycles in the market and I have tried to mention them all right above.
You shouldn’t opt for a heavy cycle if you are buying it just for fitness purpose. Go for a lightweight cycle. For riding in hilly areas, you must opt for the mountain cycles as they follow certain parameters.
Now that you know the purpose of buying a cycle, then the next thing you must consider is the area where you are going to ride the cycle. Comfort is yet another very important factor to consider.
You need to see whether you are comfortable riding the cycle in your chosen area or not. Check for the grips, it should be of high-quality to give you the required amount of support.
The next thing is to check for the seat comfort which ensures you have a safe ride.
Yet another important factor to consider while buying a cycle is checking the durability of the product. After all, that is what matters the most!
You need to be sure of the materials used to build the cycle such as the seat, grips, frames as well as the wheels to ensure the durability of the product. To know more about the durability, you should check the metal used to build the cycle.
For me, brand matters more than anything else. And I guess, there are people for whom the brand is something that matters more.
If you are investing you are hard earned money on something, you need to ensure you are putting it on something worth every penny. A well-branded product ensures durability as well as safety and good performance.
However, you can find out all the products here are from reputed brands. Thus, you can choose any of them according to your needs.
Now that you are aware of the comfort as well as the durability of the product, then you must check the colour and the style of the cycle. After all, you are going to buy a cycle for a peaceful ride and thus, appearance matters a lot in that case.
If you go for a product with the colour of your choice and style that comforts you, then you will surely have a smooth ride.
While buying a cycle, you must check for the budget. If you decide your budget according to your comfort level, then you must look out for a product according to your budget.
If you keep a budget set, it will help you in choosing the best cycle that will suit your needs. You can find affordable as well as expensive cycles in the list mentioned below.
It is mandatory to check the quality of the tyres. This is because a good quality tire will ensure safety as well as good resistance and a sturdy grip.
Disc brakes aren’t meant to give an amazing performance. Moreover, they come expensive than all other cycles. They are much more light in weight and perform equally well than the ones with disc brakes.
Since you are investing your money on a product, then you must check out for the framework. It should be of high quality to ensure durability as well as premium performance.
The product should be made up of high-quality materials such as aluminium alloy, carbon fibre, etc; are meant to make product light in weight when compared to the conventional cycles.
The Omobikes Model-1.0 Lightweight |13kg| Fast Light Weight Hybrid Cycle with Alloy Rims, Anti Rust Frame is the best cycle in India.
1. It is an affordable cycle.
2. It is an all mountain bike.
3. This is light in weight.
4. It has a carbon- steel frameset.
1. The product is manufactured by IIT graduates in the name of Omo Bikes. The owners are passionate about cycles and bikes. Thus, they thought of manufacturing some amazingly premium quality cycles.
2. It is lightest in weight and comes along with 26X1.75 tyres which makes it easy as well as the fastest mode of transportation.
3. The best part is that the company plants 5 trees for every Omobikes 1.0 cycles sold. This ensures a healthy lifestyle.
4. The product comes with a high tensile frame which has lightweight steel. It is good for people with a height ranging between 5’0″ to 6’0″.
5. The best part is the coloured rims which have doubled wall alloy. This makes them sturdy and also light in weight. The tyres are puncture resistant and great for speed.
6. I like the seat of the cycle which is comfortable and has an adjustable option for a peaceful ride. The pedals are durable which enhances the safety feature.
7. The product comes with frictionless bearing hubs as well as BB set to smoothen out the chain.
1. No cons found. Buy Now from Amazon
The Endless 27.5T 21-Speed Carbon Steel Mountain Bike is number 2 on the list.
1. It is royal blue in colour.
2. It is made up of carbon-steel material.
3. It has front as well as rear reflectors.
4. This is from the brand Endless.
1. The Endless 27.5T is a mountain bike which sturdy as well as strong enough to hold the grip while rolling.
2. It has a blue colour combination with a patch of neon green on the seat. The product looks really nice and attractive.
3. The product has a comfortable seat which has a quick release option to adjust according to your height. You no need to use any tools to do so. The handlebar has a good grip with 640 mm in size that can have a height of 30mm for a peaceful riding.
4. With this cycle, you will get a double walled rim to provide extra strength to the tires. Wanda tyres have been used to ensure durability.
5. For the gear, this cycle has Japanese Shimano gear system. It provides reliable as well as smooth gear shifting performance.
1. After sales service can be a problem. Buy Now from Amazon
The AXAN Fat Bicycle with Dual Disc Breaks 21 Shimano Gears 26X4 Inch Tyres is number 3 on the list.
1. It is military green in colour.
2. The product has a carbon steel frameset.
3. It has 18 inches frame.
4. The speed rating is 21 with front suspension.
1. The AXAN Fat Bicycle is meant to carry the load of around 130 kgs. Thus, you can choose it if you feel you are on the heavier side or you carry loads along with you while cycling.
2. This product comes with Shimano shifters as well as derailleurs power which has a 14-speed cycle. It is especially meant for on-road as well as off-road having fat tyres of 4inches and 26-inch rim.
3. The seats are quite comfortable. It has an adjustable option with quick release for a smooth transition.
4. It has a combination of 21 gears (7×3) along with a front suspension fork. There is a year warranty on the frame. It is ideal for riders with a height between 5’4″ to 6’4″.
5. If you order online, the cycle comes in a semi-assembled situation. You need to fix them accordingly. Tools are provided to help you in the installation process.
1. No wheel size mentioned. Buy Now from Amazon
The Amardeep Cycles Jaguar Fat Bicycle with Dual Disc Breaks 21 Shimano Gears 26X4 Inch Tyres is number 4 on the list.
1. It has an 18 Inch Frame Size.
2. It has 21-speed ratings.
3. There are Dual Disc Brakes.
4. It has sturdy Front suspension.
1. The product comes along with 21 gear combinations with 7X3 sets that make the cycle fast.
2. It also includes a front suspension fork that gives a great response to your weight balance.
3. It comes with an 18 Inch frame that is sturdy by design and also attractive in looks. However, we like the Quick release seat feature.
4. The bike comes along with front and rear disk brakes with jaguar frame design. It gives a great balance to the wheels and the weight distribution is the same.
5. The product comes along with a 1-year frame warranty even though that frame can easily take a load of 130 KGs. The after sales service is also good.
6. The tyre dimensions are 26X4 inch which is great for mountain biking. Also if you are travelling through a constructing road, it still keeps the balance.
1. The seat could have been better. Buy Now from Amazon
The Hero Sprint PRO ECPLISE Grey Road Bike 700 C with 14 Speed is number 5 on the list.
1. The product has a nice and sturdy design.
2. It is suitable for all cycling events.
3. It offers comfort and a better grip while riding.
4. The product has a carbon steel frame.
1. The product comes from a reputed brand Hero. It is known for manufacturing some great cycles in India for men, women, kids, etc.
2. This product is ideal for a kid of 11+ years. The rider using this should have a definite height between 5.2 feet to 6.2 feet. Thus, ensure you are buying accordingly.
3. It comes with Allen key as well as a Spanner to make the installation part easier to you. The product comes in a semi-assembled situation where you need to assemble it before using.
4. The product has front as well as a rear brake or the Alloy Caliper brakes for an easy and smooth grip. It increases the safety chances which is pretty good.
5. The maintenance is low or zero. However, after continuous use for 7 or 8 months, there may occur some cracks on the tyres.
1. There are no mudguard, chain cover, and lock. Buy Now from Amazon
The Hero Blast 20T Single Speed Cycle is number 6 on the list.
1. It is a premium quality cycle.
2. It is ideal for kids.
3. It is a Hero cycle.
1. The product comes from a well-known brand Hero which is popularly known for manufacturing amazing cycles in India. It ensures durability as well as reliability.
2. It has a steel frameset which enhances the longevity of the product. The suspensions are sturdy and have the strength to hold onto rough surfaces.
3. The size of the tyres are 20 inches and the frame size is around 12 inches. It is ideal for kids of 6 to 8 years. However, the height of the rider should be between 4 feet to 5 feet.
4. I like the seat which is made up of superior quality giving a comfortable ride. You can extend the seat according to your needs and adjust with the pillar feature.
5. The pedals have an amazing grip with the anti-skid feature. It ensures high safety. There is a mudguard to keep the cycle free from dirt or mud.
1. There is no cycle stand as well as reflectors. Buy Now from Amazon
The Hero Sprint RX1 26T Single Speed Road Cycle is number 7 on the list.
1. It has steel material frame.
2. It has both the front as well as rear suspension.
3. This is light in weight.
4. It has plastic pedals along with reflectors.
1. If you order it online, then the cycle will come in a semi-assembled condition. You need to assemble it on your own before using it. It comes with a spanner as well as an Allen key for easy installation.
2. The product comes along with a front brake which is the Caliper brake and a rear brake. Thus, this is good for adult men.
3. It comes with a single speed gear and has a rigid suspension which is great for safety purpose. The framework is made up of steel which ensures durability.
4. The product comes with a tire size of 16.7 inches which I think is pretty decent. The frame size is 16.7 inches as well. However, the rider height should be between 5.2 feet to 5.6 feet. Thus, I would suggest you buy accordingly.
5. Last but not least, I found the colour, as well as the design of the cycle, has an amazing appearance.
1. No additional accessory is present. Buy Now from Amazon
8. Kross K 40 21Speed Disc 26 Grey&Green 402232 Mountain Cycle Check Price
The Kross K 40 21Speed Disc 26 Grey&Green 402232 Mountain Cycle is number 8 on the list.
1. It is ideal for men as well as women.
2. It has frame material of steel.
3. The tyre size is 26 inch.
1. The product has a frameset of steel which enhances the durability of the product.
2. It has Japanese Shimano gears with a 21-speed rating which is pretty decent.
3. The brakes are V brake and disc brakes as well with good quality alloy lever. It has rims of aluminium alloy which makes it light in weight.
4. The product comes with the anti-skid pedals with extra grip for extra support to the body.
1. Brakes are of poor quality. Buy Now from Amazon
The Hero Hawk Nuage 27T Single Speed Cycle is number 9 on the list.
1. It has single speed gear.
2. It is from a reputed brand Hero Cycles.
3. This has lightweight frameset.
4. It is a city bike.
1. The product comes with a trendy look as the name suggest Hero Hawk. It has a sleek design with a sturdy inheritance giving an amazing look to it.
2. The product is made up of steel frame and has a rigid body which is of 23 inches. The fork is sturdy and ensures a comfortable riding on any bumpy road. The weight of the cycle’s frame is only 2.7 kgs.
3. It comes with a mudguard to prevent the shoes as well as the socks from dirtying during the rainy season. To keep the mud off the chain, you can cover it with a chain cover.
4. The product further comes with 44T bend crank black crankset as well as a cottered BB set. This ensures there are smooth chain crossovers. You can pedal easily without any problem.
5. The product comes with the powerful rear as well as the front calliper brakes. It is easy to navigate safely in a crowded street,
1. The chain is of poor quality. Buy Now from Amazon
The Hero Ranger DTB Steel Single Speed Mountain Bike, Adult 26T is number 10 on the list.
1. It is affordable.
2. It is from a reputed brand Hero Cycles.
3. This has a steel frame.
1. The Hero Ranger DTB Steel Single Speed Mountain Bike, Adult 26 is made up of steel which ensures the durability of the product. It is meant for the mountain riders.
2. The frameset is made up of steel and is as lightweight as 6.7 kgs. However, the suspension frame is of 19.7″ and is ideal for people with a height between 5’4″ to 6’4′.
3. The product further comes with the carrier, front reflectors, mudguard as well as rear reflectors. It is thus a perfect option for off-track riding.
4. It has a handlebar of 610mm which has 41mm high to provide ease as well as comfort to your wrists and arms. With the powerful V rear as well as front brakes now you can ride safely in a crowded street.
5. There is a nut bolt adjustment in the PU saddle to clamp everything easily. You can pull it down and up according to your wish. For smooth chain crossovers and easy pedalling, it has 42T crankset as well as cottered BB set.
1. No manual installation is present. Buy Now from Amazon
Buying the best cycle in India can get a little difficult with so many options available in the market. However, there are several fake brands already present making things much more complicated to the users.
Here, I have a buying guide as well as a product list of best cycles in India keeping in mind certain parameters. You can select one of them according to your needs.